Hope-Focused Marriage Counseling
(A Guide to Brief Therapy)
Everett L. Worthington Jr., Ph.D.
In this *book, Everett Worthington offers a comprehensive manual for assisting couples over common rough spots and through serious problems in a manner that is compassionate, effective and brief. His hope-focused (rather than problem-focused) approach enables couples to see that change is possible and gives them a new outlook on the future. Combining this with a brief approach that addresses the realities of managed care and tight budgets, Worthington shows how to be strategic in each counseling situation by including teaching, training, exercises, forgiveness, modeling and motivation. Backed by years of experience and substantial research, hope-focused marriage counseling offers hope to counselors that they can provide help to troubled couples quickly, compassionately and effectively. (284 pages)
*(Book must be purchased separately and is not included in the cost of this course.)
|Topic(s):||Christian Integration, Couples, Family, Therapy/Counseling|
|Number of Units:||9|
This course is designed to help you:
- Describe the core components of brief marital therapy.
- Implement a brief marital therapy technique to promote hopefulness in distressed couples.
- Apply hope-focused strategies to 8 key areas of marriage.
- Design an assessment strategy for couples.
- Develop clinical interventions for strengthening communication.
- Create interventions for promoting couple commencement from counseling.